As espoused in the Zimbabwe Mining Development (ZMDC)
Act [Chapter 21:08], ZMDC has a mandate;
1. To invest in the mining industry in Zimbabwe on behalf of the State.
2. To plan, coordinate and implement mining development projects on behalf of the State.
Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation has outlined below various investment projects available in 2014. The Corporation welcomes interested investors to contact ZMDC Business Development Office to discuss in detail the investment opportunities available.
1. Sabi Gold Mine
2. SMM Holdings (Private) Limited
3. Copper Mines – Mhangura, Alaska and Sanyati
4. Limestone Mining and Processing
5. Coal and Coalbed Methane Mining
6. Tantalite Mining and Processing